Sanctification in Motherhood
Love my precious babies so much! Even after a night like tonight when we tried to go out to eat for a nice dinner at Red Lobster, and they ALL were TERRIBLE! Jude pitching a fit to the hostess because this was not the table he wanted to sit at. Me carrying him back through the restaurant screaming. Total meltdowns in the bathroom. Eden refusing to sit in her chair, then demanding to sit in Asa's highchair. Constantly screaming because she dropped her crayon or she can't reach her drink. Asa crying if you are not standing up holding him. He was beyond tired and would not give in to sleep. The kids quickly gobbling down their food and then wanting to jump from chair to chair or dance in the isle before I have even been able to finish my salad. And to top it off, I invited my mother-in-law to come eat with us. How embarrassing for her to see that we don't always have everything under control, at least everyone else in the restaurant were strangers. It's nights where tonight, in the middle of the chaos, that I find myself extremely blessed to have these three little babies wreck my life. God continually uses my children to show me that my wants and needs are not what is important. My perfect calm, peaceful days are now filled with crying, arguing, questions, tons of questions, explanations and no breaks, not even to use the bathroom, but my life is more rich than ever before. Motherhood is demanding yet constantly refining. I am forced to put someone else's wants and needs before my own. Motherhood is proving more and more to show me how sinful and selfish I am and how desperate my need for a savior is. I am so thankful for my children constantly pointing me to christ. I am so thankful for God allowing me to be sanctified through motherhood.

















Comments
Post a Comment