What the Johnson’s have been up to…..

 

A few people have noticed and commented on my recent blogging hiatus. I quit blogging when I found out I was pregnant because I was so sick the first trimester. Our family went into “survival mode”. I not only quit blogging, but also quit cooking, cleaning…. you get the picture!! Luckily we all survived and life is getting back to normal!

I broke the camera out a few times in the past 5 weeks, and have a few cute pictures to share!

The first pictures are of our trip to the NC Zoo. The other couple we went with, their little girl acted like she didn’t feel good once we arrived. They checked her temperature and it was over 103! So we didn’t get to spend the day with them like we had hoped, but it was a beautiful day, and we had a great time.

IMG_9375IMG_9382

IMG_9390IMG_9401IMG_9405IMG_9392

IMG_9422IMG_9407

IMG_9445

IMG_9458IMG_9454IMG_9465

Eden did so good at the zoo. In fact, a little too good! When we got home, I checked her temperature and it was 103.8! That night it got up to 104.4 and the following morning was Mother’s Day and I was up and headed to the Dr’s at 8:00! Not the day we had hoped for, but we are thankful Eden is ok!

That week, I took some pictures of the kids to mail to our parents and grandparents. Both of them are getting really good at “cheesing”!

IMG_8642

IMG_9293IMG_9295

IMG_9310IMG_9316 bandwIMG_9323IMG_9331

IMG_9348IMG_9365IMG_9366 bandwIMG_9362

And what we have really been up to (now that the weather is FINALLY warm) is playing in the pool! We had the pool in the back yard and the next morning the water was draining out one side and it was flat! So we got another pool and tried it in a different spot in the yard, only to find out it was too unlevel too! I was about to give up until my friend Monica mentioned to put it on the back porch. We did that and love it! But a few days later, the nails on the porch were starting to poke up through the bottom to the pool. So now, we have a carpeted spot on the porch that the pool is on! A lot of work for a kiddie pool but the kids (and I) love it! Now we just need a big umbrella to give us a little shade!

IMG_9477IMG_9492IMG_9494IMG_9515

IMG_9520IMG_9523

IMG_9651

IMG_9655IMG_9662IMG_9674

IMG_9686IMG_9690IMG_9710IMG_9728IMG_9720IMG_9735

IMG_9744IMG_9748

IMG_9780IMG_9784IMG_9792

IMG_9802IMG_9837

IMG_9860IMG_9866IMG_9868

IMG_9884IMG_9891

We are looking forward to many more days outside! I hope to keep up with all our adventures by blogging more and keep you updated on little Asa’s growth!

By the way, we did have the name down to two choices, and we asked Jude which one he liked better. His reply was “Asa is my best friend’s name”. Michael told him that he doesn’t know anyone named Asa, and Jude told us that “Asa is his new best friend.” So that sealed the deal with Asa being the name we chose!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Winter

Turning My Grief into Gratitude

Being Completely Satisfied