The Birth of Eden



So I am finally starting to get back to my normal routine since Eden's birth. (with the added feedings in the middle of the night) The birth and healing process have been far better than I could have ever imagined! I can't believe that it has already been two weeks!
So, here are the details of her birth! (From my perspective anyways!) This picture below, was taken right before we got in the car to head to the hospital! I was anxious and nervous all at the same time, praying that this surgery would be better than my experience with Jude!



The c-section was scheduled for 12:00 noon on Black Friday! I had to be there at 10:00 for all the pre-op. My family was going to all head up around 11 to make sure they didn't miss the birth! All the action was to happen at Winnie Palmer Hospital in Orlando.



The anesthesiologist made sure I was very numb before taking me back to the operating room! Everything looked great and they took me back for surgery 30 minutes early!

Here is Michael and I right before going back!



The procedure has started, and I am smiling not feeling a thing!





Michael getting to see the baby for the first time:




My first look at her:



Michael cutting the cord:











A proud Daddy!




I am waiting to hold her:


Mommy's first embrace:


 

Looking at her hair!









Bringing her out to show the family.






Jude meeting his baby sister!







Back to the recovery room with mommy!



All the photo credits go to my friend Lauren!
I am thankful that she was able to join in on all the fun of Eden's birth. 
Thank you so much Lauren!!! 

 
We are very grateful for all the prayer and support we received throughout this pregnancy! In all honesty, the pictures are as pleasant as my experience with this c-section was! Eden is a precious gift. She is a beautiful, healthy daughter of God.

Eden McKinley Johnson
Born on November 25, 2011 at 11:48 am
7 pounds 4 ounces 19 inches long

 


Comments

  1. Beautiful picture! So glad to see you at graduation on Friday. Congratulations to your husband!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Winter

Turning My Grief into Gratitude

Being Completely Satisfied